Thursday, September 26, 2013

Ch 2 and 3 Response

In chapter 2, Allen definitely broke down the system of how to organize everything. What I found the most useful was the "Workflow Diagram-Processing" because it enabled me to get into action. What I found most surprising is that I had a lot "stuff" that was actionable immediately, and I finished the action within minutes. Another thing that surprised me is how much trash I had in my "stuff." I think that we are so busy in our lives that we just keep adding things to our "stuff," but we never take into consideration if it is really worth our time and action.

We it came down to organizing my "stuff," I used my Ipod's notepad because I find it easier for me to access it whenever I want to add, review or take action. However, although technology is great, I did have to make a physical baskets to keep up with my shopping receipts, and I also used a paper calendar.
In chapter 3, Allen introduced us to the "Natural Planning Techniques: The Five Phases." This I found extremely helpful because it clarifies my project/goal of what, why, when and how my project should be. My favorite phase is brainstorming. Like he said most of us learned this technique in 3rd and 4th grade. I hadn't brainstormed since high school, thank you Ms. Williams.


1 comment:

  1. I agree! I found it surprising too how much of the "stuff" in my in-basket was trash and quick actionable items. I think the Workflow Diagram-Processing really allows one to make time to take a good look look at the collected materials and motivates one to take action. A lot of the stuff I had too were quick actionable items that I probably would have procrastinated on this week.

    ReplyDelete