Thursday, September 19, 2013

Response to Chapter 1

I've found Allen's points to be illuminating, and I wholeheartedly agree with all the points he's brought up so far. Personally, I make extensive use of Google Calendars, Toodledo, and Evernote just to offload all the tasks off my mind. Yet, on an everyday basis, even with my reliable system, I can't help but feel worried about what to do next. It has a lot to do with the fact that I never clarify my tasks within my organization system, which Allen kept mentioning.
I am very curious on how he will further discuss the "martial art" of managing things, as I personally feel I am always at the mercy of my tasks. Perhaps it is because I am daunted by the ever-persistent red counter of all the tasks I must accomplish everyday. When it comes down to it, Allen has nailed it: things are easier said than done.

1 comment:

  1. I've never used google calendars before, and I wonder how effective and convenient they are. They're likely more convenient then the ones in Word I've used before. Your comment about Allen's remark that things are easier said than done makes me wonder how much discipline it will actually take to implement the system once we fully learn it. I'm hoping that the sense of control and accomplishment I feel by implementing the program is enough to motivate me to keep going.

    ReplyDelete