Thursday, November 7, 2013

Chapter 10 Response from Larry

In Chapter 10, Allen categorizes projects into two kinds. The higher priority is assigned to those projects that we have not planned yet. We have to pick up those ignored or suppressed projects and think about what the very next physical action is. The other category is those projects that we have already planned for, but cannot really get out of our mind. This is interesting because many times, I was just so obsessed with one project and cannot stop thinking about it. However, the next day, I might have already lost interest in this project. So one way to deal with it for me was to actually do the project that interests me. Once I start doing it, I usually find out that the project is much harder than I have imagined. And I calm down quickly.

Another thing Allen kept talking about is to write things down. Getting all your ideas out of you mind is a good strategy so that you can focus. And writing things done actually helps us track back if everything went as planned or not. Right now, I write down how I spent my time on my notebook for a 24 hour documentation. I found this extremely useful because one, I can track how I am using my time, and two I feel an urgency to use my time well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment