Thursday, November 7, 2013

Chapter 10

In this chapter, Allen addresses situations in which PROJECTS arise that are unplanned and what we are to do about them. Right when he begins to speak about this topic, I was hooked because I feel like that is often the case in my life. I also empathized when he explains how the overwhelming nature of unplanned projects often cause us to put them off or not take the next steps because it only exists in our head without any clear next directions.

I felt that this chapter wasn't really bringing up any NEW material, but rather applying old material to a new situation. It was helpful that he made it practical towards the middle of the chapter by giving us a number of tools that we can use to help us organize in the midst of these unplanned projects. For me, I definitely like using a variety of online tools OR pen and paper depending on the context and the nature of the project.

1 comment:

  1. I also found that he did not add much new material but instead reinforced old material. It was a helpful reminder in how to deal with/plan for big projects becasue I feel most of the important items are projects. I also agree that the list of tools were helpful as well.

    ReplyDelete