Thursday, November 7, 2013

Chapter 9

Chapter 9 was very helpful and very practical. Though all the material was helpful, I found the most wisdom in the four-criteria model which gave me very solid guidelines to follow when attempting to organize my tasks in the day, particularly sudden tasks. I felt that the four distinguishing characteristics of context, time available, energy available, and priority were truly helpful tools given to me to give my life more control, particularly when it came to UNPLANNED tasks… which, as a college student, happens often.


The reminder to organize actions by context (having lists by where one most be in order to do a task) was really eye-opening to me because it makes a lot of sense. However, my struggle with this system is trying to figure out how it fits into all the rest of the system and organizational tools that have already been given us. At this point in the book, I feel slightly overwhelmed by the number of things that Allen has told me and how to fit my entire life into these organizational systems. I agree with the reasoning but I’m a bit lost with how to implement it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment