Thursday, November 14, 2013

Chapter 11 Post

In this chapter Allen emphasizes the importance of not only trusting yourself but to learn to say 'no,' so you will not over book yourself. For me the most important point that I got from this is the trust that I have in myself. Allen explains that guilt is what makes us distrust ourselves, and once we learn to manage and handle our system, we will automatically trust ourselves in a unique way (225). Also, he explained the source of negative feelings which are caused from breaking agreements.

He explained 2 types of agreements with yourself and others. I don't have a problem saying 'no' to other people but to myself. I always try to do everything, and at the end of the day I cannot complete all my tasks. This brings me to feel frustrated and upset at myself because I could not keep my promises, which leads to bigger distrust. I love his 3 options to broken agreements.This is going to become very helpful for me.

1 comment:

  1. I also found the concept of self-trust quite empowering. I am one of theose people who have a problem saying no to myself and in the end it just leaves me overwhelmed. But I think by implimenting some of the things like inboxes, calenders, etc it has helped me assess what my already to do aciton items before making new commitments to others and myself. I hope they become helpful to you to!

    ReplyDelete