Thursday, November 21, 2013

Chapter 12 Response

Shobna Khunkhun
I found chapter 12 to be a great reminder and overview of how important the next-action list are. Personally it was one of the first things I started implementing and found that it eased my anxiety and stress when starting out big projects. The actual step of breaking down a big projecting into little pieces and parts was a huge first step in initiating the process of organization. The stress I have about starting a project like an essay or studying for a midterm decreases when I’m able to break down the process and start closing the open loops. Allen emphasizes the importance of next action lists because they provide a sense of clarity, create accountability, promote productivity and empowerment. He mainly discussed them in the context of the work place, however I feel that it’s also helpful for me as a student. Clearly defining the big picture project and actions steps are the first big step towards completing a goal. Additionally overall one becomes self-accountable for completing the small tasks and fosters self accountability which drives productivity and empowerment.

No comments:

Post a Comment