Thursday, November 7, 2013

Chapter 10

     In chapter 10, Allen goes into details about strategies to help informally plan projects. Allen emphasizes that although some projects don't need extra planning, there are projects that require planning and brainstorming.  Allen also emphasizes though to keep these planning and brainstorming materials at different locations so that they don't get confused with Next Actions and Projects.  But, these planning and brainstorming tools can only better the system. 
     From my own personal experience, I usually use the Software tool, S-Note, and paper and pen to brainstorm.  I also find using a whiteboard helps tremendously, but I lack the quick access to a whiteboard/chalkboard.  When I am able to use a whiteboard/chalkboard, I feel as if I have an infinite amount of space and can truly illustrate my brainstorming.  With S-Note, I jot down quick notes about projects and small details that I need to address while completing my projects.  With a paper and pen, I typically deal with time-sensitive issues with my projects. 
     One important thing that I took away from this chapter is to keep these brainstorming ideas in separate filing systems.  It goes back to Allen's emphasis on making everything clear and not combining anything: "make a label for everything." 

            

1 comment:

  1. I love whiteboard too! Once I have access to it, my ideas flow!

    ReplyDelete