Thursday, November 21, 2013

Chapter 12

Chapter 12 was a reminder to us how effective and important the Next-Action system is.  Allen recalls experiences with professionals and how the use of Next-Action list essentially revolutionized the professional's productivity.  I felt like Chapter 12 was a testimonial from Allen about his invention of the Next-Action list and how it has effected his career and made him the productivity guru he is today. 
I have been so grateful to had stumbled upon this DeCAL and this book.  I've always had some sort of system, but never a system that I could fully trust.  Allen repeatedly emphasizes how important it is to trust the system, because once an individual trusts a system, the real and true creativity of a person cultivates.  For me personally, the Next-Action list is the most important tool that I take away form Allen's book.  I have always had a to-do list, but my to-do list always consisted of just "stuff."  But, I truly feel comfortable looking at my Next-Action list and knowing that I have done the most I can do at this moment and know that there are things I can't do at this moment for projects, thus I can focus my energy one another task.

1 comment:

  1. I definalty agree. I found the next-aciton lists to be one of the best tools in the book. The next-action lists are a very concrete/clearly defined version of to-do lists. I think they are benefitial becase unilt just collecting "stuff" in a to do list, the next action lists forces one to start thinking about details of a task ahead of time.

    ReplyDelete