Friday, October 4, 2013

C4 & C5 Response

I was fully inspired by the idea of taking two days off to organize your working station. At first, I thought two days was an impossible time for me to organize my stuffs; however, I do agree that when everything is not in the place they suppose to be, I wouldn't stay calm mentally and physically. Reading through the chapter makes me feel there are some work I must do before I do other things; on the other hand, it actually doesn't take up two days--it depends on your current personal organization system! I have most of the things David Allen suggests and they are stay in close on my working table, but I do need an in-basket. I thought in-basket is a blank sheet of paper which full of open loops; in fact, physical things such as light bulb could be put into the basket in order to remind me to deal with it soon. File folder and labels are really essential to categorize "waiting for","reference" and some fragments of a big project. It is useful to collect ideas too! Speaking of file folder, I think I might need a folder for ideas because I have ideas all the time! Folder won't lose my ideas and it can keep reminding me to do it someday. Like a dream list!

In Chapter 5 David Allen mentions how to collect ideas. I used to put a blank paper and write down everything in my mind, but I always didn't process them to the next action. It is a fantastic strategy to empty your mind and we need to give the best use of our in-baskets. The trigger list could be a reference for me to empty my mind. In addition, there is one quote I want to share with you all: "you can feel good about what you are not doing, only when you know what you are not doing."

Have a good weekend and have fun getting organized!

No comments:

Post a Comment