Thursday, October 31, 2013

Response to Ch 9

I definitely agree with David Allen's breakdown of current actions in the moment. His methodology isn't anything new; he just presents what we naturally do in a logical fashion. I definitely agree that an unorganized inbox leads to a positive feedback loop; things just get even more unmanageable with each  action you put off. I excel at handling tasks required in the moment, but I definitely still need help handling tasks that I assign myself. I always seem to end the day with at least 10 or so my self-assigned tasks that need to be postponed to the next day. However, I differ on the six degree model. I believe once tasks getting beyond set dates in the future, I simply group them altogether into a 'future' category. I don't believe in making distinctions between life goals and five-year visions; those are things that you know in your head subconsciously because they are such broad objectives.

No comments:

Post a Comment