Thursday, October 31, 2013

Chapter 9 Response


In Chapter nine, Allen talks about figuring out how to decide what to do and figure out what our priorities are. It is important to take time to think about our decision and not spontaneously start another task (unless we are at a “black-belt level”), especially if you have no organization system set in place because you will likely forget to complete your previous task. The most noticeable subject Allen talks about in this chapter is the Six-Level Model for review our work. In this model, you can work from top to bottom, which focuses on your life priorities, or work from bottom to top, which focuses on balance, productivity, and comfort. You work depending on what you find is best fit for your life. As I was reading the section, it made me think about my life and priorities. I never thought to break down the work I decide to do based on the affect it would have on my future. Rather, I am the type of person to make decisions based on how I feel in the moment. While reading, I thought about my life and what direction I was heading versus where I wanted to be going. I’ve concluded that I am heading in a good direction for the future, but not necessarily the one I want to go through. Because I am still undeclared for my major, this section of chapter nine has catalyst my urgency to figure out what I should major in.

No comments:

Post a Comment