Friday, October 4, 2013

Chapter 1 Response, Larry

Chapter 1 Response


Larry Zhou

In Chapter 1, Allen introduces his way to get a project done: first, identify the outcome of the project; second, identify the very next specific action for the project. He makes the point that if we keep thinking about "stuff" without pinning it done on paper, we are just burning out our brain. He has the theory of "open loop", which means that if we don't get everything in our mind settled down, we would keep thinking about those two or three things.

I find it's quite useful to reduce my stress when I write down the wanted outcome of my project and the very first action to achieve that outcome. It makes me feel more control of the project because I now know what I need to achieve and what I should do right now to start progressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment