Thursday, October 3, 2013

Chapter 4 and 5 response


            I really enjoyed Chapter 4 because Allen went into detail about how to install/implement a system.  I loved this line from Allen: "there needs to be zero resistance at the lass-than conscious level for us to use the systems we have."  To me, this quote represents what we all need to do before we try to implement any sort of filing/organizing system.  I also just recently bought physical inboxes, registered onto Evernote for my PC/Smartphone sync, and am in the process of looking for filing cabinets.  Chapter 4 helped me set-up my workspace, but Chapter 5 helped me clarify what next steps I needed to do to fully utilize Allen's system.

            Chapter 5 is intimidating because of the thought of trying to gather everything that I need to do: physically and mentally.  But, I loved Allen's trigger list because there are many times when I feel the urge to sit down and organize to clear my RAM, but I forget what I need to do and when that specific task comes back again, I'm not in the mood to clear my RAM.  Love the rigger list!

3 comments:

  1. Evernote is the best! Although it has become somewhat of a too encompassing tool so I'm not sure what to apply it to

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was trying to write everything down and it was overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete