Thursday, October 31, 2013

Chapter 9 Post

In this chapter Allen goes over the models he has shown us, but he also goes over the"The Four-Criteria Model for Choosing Actions in the Moment." The model consists of 1. Context 2. Time available 3. Energy available 4. Priority. I like this model very much because it makes everything simple. Like I have mentioned in class, I get easily overwhelmed and easily distracted, so I  am forever grateful for this model. Haha. For me the most important step is priority because I tend to give priority to things that do not matter, and put off things that are really important because I just say to myself, 'I'll do it tomorrow' however, tomorrow never comes.

Also, he reminded us to start from bottom to top, or top to bottom. For me the bottom from top works the best because it allows me to see what I need to do, and also see my goals. The "Threefold Model for Evaluating Daily Work" goes into detail about priority, and which it is very helpful. I really like "Six-Level Model for Reviewing Your Own Words" because it makes it fun to see your life in feet. It makes you evaluate your life from short-term stance to a long-term stance.

No comments:

Post a Comment