Thursday, October 10, 2013

C6 Response

I have been implementing the David Allen's system for a while now, but there are a few things I am not used to and the biggest problem is procrastination. After I have clear my mind and create "next action" and "someday" list, I felt like I have a lot of time to use freely. However, the truth is, because of the lack of disciplines, I ended up telling myself "don't worry, I still have time to do X Y and Z". This is a honest reflection of me. What really helps in this week's reading is do the emergency scanning while looking at the "next action" list. I have to admit that I didn't do that at all and I think that's why I still procrastinate a lot. I haven't call my insurance agent and it has been 2 weeks after she asked me to call her. I just put "call insurance agent" on the next action list and wait for days after days instead of doing an emergency scanning and make the call.

From today's lecture, I benefit from the idea to put all the shopping orders into "waiting for" list. It helps to keep track on the items I purchased. It happened to me that I purchased shoes online but it never shipped to me, I emailed the consumer service and get a blurry response and I just put it aside and never asked for the money back. Bad experience! In case it happens (again...), I would make a folder only for my online orders!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Echo,

    I am the same way. The only times I really check my lists are when I am doing homework/reading for our class. Maybe it is because of midterms this week, but I have found it difficult to make it a habit to check in with my lists everyday.

    I think one thing that would always help is to implement the 2-minute rule. The 2-minute rule has not only changed my planning duties, but my daily tasks as well and made me productive. Instead of saying, "I'll do it later." I ask myself, "Does it take two minutes?" And if it does, then I just go do it.

    ReplyDelete