Saturday, October 26, 2013

Chapter 8 Post

(AHHH I talked about this in class but forgot to post my entry!)

After reading chapter 8, it hit me that, in a sense, this chapter is crucial to making the entire system work. Without reviewing your priorities and your projects on at least a weekly basis, it is so easy to get overwhelmed once again by the workload and lose faith in the system altogether. In reading Allen's words, I felt that this has happened often to me with various organizational systems I've tried in the past and I really do see the logic in his reasoning.

One practical way that I've implemented the action of reviewing is by consolidating my daily planner with that of my husband's and making sure to check-in with one another once a week. By doing so, we give each other a pretty good idea of what we'll be up to during that week PLUS I, myself, have found that I am much more organized with the electronic planner because it actually SENDS ME weekly updates on what my week looks like so I can review it and determine if it's missing items and/or if it's accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment