Thursday, October 10, 2013

Chapter 6 Response

This week's reading had a lot of interesting and somewhat counter intuitive portions to it. I never really thought about treating each task equally, as having grown up thinking that PRIORITY is a huge factor in doing something. But I understand his point when he says that Emergency Scanning is not a process, as I see myself doing that a lot. I always sift through my emails looking for the most fun thing to read etc, and it usually ends in chaos and inefficiency as I get lost in whatever I was doing. I feel like the talk about multitasking is also very applicable to me as I tend to do it a lot on a daily basis... Just ask my friends. Maybe for me, I need to apply the practices through taking out a lot of things I need to do at once, accessing them and then executing, as suggested by the book.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely agree; it gets hard to read tons of emails on end that are about administrative tasks.

    ReplyDelete