Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Chapter 7 Response

Allen made my life much more easier by introducing "The Basic Categories."What I have learned over time is that I need to have a solid foundation that I can rely on in order to successfully complete an organization process. Since I never seem to organize things properly, my system always fails due to the inability to categorize where all my stuff should go to. What Allen stresses is that things that need to take a action and that are time specific should go in the calendar. Now, although I love my phone calendar, I also like to be able to see an event in a paper calendar. I want to be able to write the time-specific event. I have a calendar in the door of my closet in order for me to always constantly see due dates. I also put them in my phone, but this only done as a backup.

I have organized my system using my Google gmail account. One of our classmates suggested using multiple categories in order to organize my stuff. I have multiple categories which include school, home bills, errands, personal bills, action items and personal errands. I want to add more, but for now I am content with this since this is my primary focus. The good thing about this day in age is the technology, so I can view my projects any time and anywhere (well as long as I have a good internet connection). I have also created a physical inbox to put my reference materials such as receipts, legal documents, etc. I've decided to put this system in alphabetical order in order to find them quickly and conveniently.

I hope that I am done with this class, I will continue to exercise this system. :)

3 comments:

  1. My biggest fear is when an online service that stores all my todo lists breaks down! that would ruin my entire system. I still need to get a physical inbox

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right now, I am abusing Google Calendar as a notebook that I put everything into. ~~Larry

    ReplyDelete