Thursday, October 31, 2013

C9 Response

In this chapter, David Allen discusses what we can do when we have a certain amount of time. He gives four-criteria model, threefold model and six-level model to evaluate our work. In my understanding, "content" can refer to "space-available", which we ask ourselves "where am I" in order to process the different categories under "next-action" list. For me, the second criteria in the four-criteria model is priority because I tend to look at the calendar before I take any further actions. Therefore, I can identify the emergencies and I know what I didnt do. However, I am not so clear on how to deal with "busy" mode where there are a lot of sudden work that interrupts the schedule. I wonder, still, how to balance sudden work since most of them would make people panic and anxious.

When I think of the six level model, I usually apply it when I am making decisions on whether or not to get into a work. I use the top-down strategy to evaluate how much energy I have; in other words, if I feel really sleepy and I know if I don't go to bed around this time, I will have low concentration tomorrow; I will decide to go to bed early, get up early and keep process the work. Health/energy is my 5000 feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment