Thursday, October 24, 2013

Chapter 8 Post

In this chapter Allen stresses the importance of reviewing your organization system on a weekly basis. This quote really stood out for me: "...the minute that list is not totally current with all the calls you need to make, your brain will not trust the system, and it won"t get relief from its lower mental tasks." I have
to be able to trust my system in order for me to completely rely on it. This is the reason why my other systems never worked because I never trusted them. Now, Allen stresses that we must review our system often in order to keep things update and organized. He seemed to read my mind about the 2 major issues that we can encounter. When reading them I kept saying, 'Yes, how? or Yes, what?'

I liked how he broke down the review system of your projects into categories. For me this is extremely helpful because I get overwhelmed, and I would not know on what to start on. He breaks it down into 3 categories which include calendar, action list and reviewing things right. Calendar and action lists are the most important to me, and of course in order to stay current I must review. What I liked is that he said that we could also have that time of review on our 1 hour commute from home. It doesn't have to be formal where you sit at your desk all the time. However, there will be time where you do need to sit down get down to the nitty gritty. 

1 comment:

  1. I also thought it was helpful of Allen to break down the categories for the weekly reviews. It seems like you have set a great time to do your weekly reviews. Now, if only I can do the same.

    ReplyDelete