Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Chapter 8

I sincerely enjoyed reading chapter 8 because it brought everything we've been reading together.  I think the Weekly Reviews is exactly what we need to work on most, because we always feel like we are too busy to do a Weekly Review, but I believe that a Weekly Review is as crucial as any method that Allen has discussed.  Also, Allen talked about "What do you look at in all this, and when?" Allen's answer to someone who would ask him how much time would it take for him to look at his system, his quote summed it up for me: "As much time as I need to feel comfortable about what I'm doing." He later states that it takes him around 2-5 seconds per category.  But, I take his quote as taking as much time as needed to feel comfortable.  Allen's system is a system to make us more comfortable with our tasks/goals so that we can relieve the stress of thinking about a million things at once.  If my system is set and I do my Weekly Reviews, then my comfort with my system will allow me to only take 2-5 seconds to look at a category and know that I've done all I can do at this moment to prepare myself for my next task/goal. 

            Another great point that Allen makes is that those 2-5 seconds spent on looking at our system will not only let us know what we have to do to prepare for our meeting/test/task, but it also let's us know what we don't have to do, essentially, clearing our RAM and clearing our stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment