Thursday, October 3, 2013

Response to Ch 4 & 5

The number one problem with implementing David Allen's productivity methods is the fact that I've been too swamped with too many commitments to successfully have any time to organize everything. In fact, my room, is still somewhat in the same state it has been since I moved in. What I need is one or two extra days in the week to process everything and get back on track! I've also noticed that I have a bad habit of putting things back into my inbox after reading them. However, my todo list software isn't comprehensive enough to have projects or something to capture these files. I'll have to spend some time looking up a way to remedy that. On a positive note, I have already implemented Allen's suggestion to use keyboard shortcuts, and it does help to use a keyboard launcher for your computer! I use Alfred.

2 comments:

  1. Like you Andrew, I don't have time to fully commit to this system. To even think about taking 2 days off for this project seems impossible! In my my mind, I say to myself that I rather study for my midterms instead of spending all of this time doing this project. However, I believe that after midterms this can be accomplished. Another similarity that we have is that I put my "stuff" into the "in" basket after I read them because I feel overwhelmed, and I do not want to deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Andrew, that the hardest part of implementing his system, is having time to implement his system. Its a catch 22 in the sense that I came into the class as a disorganized procrastinator, and the hardest part of adopting David Allen's system is getting over that procrastinating hump and actually sitting down and DOING his system.

    ReplyDelete