Thursday, October 17, 2013

Chapter 7


I thought chapter 7 was incredibly dense, but easy to understand. In this chapter Allen went through all the nitty-gritty of organizing; both your work and your life. One of the most important points mentioned is keeping track of all of your actions and a great way to do so is having physical folders you can hold and also highly protable. Also, Allen emphasized on the fact to never use your support materials as reminders. Support material is only to help with supporting and thinking of your project. The most useful insight that I can take away from this chapter is making my “Maybe list”. There are a lot of things that I want to do, learn, and buy, but never take the time to fully think about what action I should take. These thoughts that should be on my “Maybe list” is instead in my mind almost everyday, which I did not even realize consciously. Lastly, I have organized my emails by creating specific tabs. I was actually relieving to know I would no longer have to dig through my emails to find what I want, which gives me more incentive to do what I need to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment